The Green Party of Iowa is proud to support well-qualified candidates who offer fresh approaches to issues facing Iowa and Johnson County.
Grant Wood, "Spring Plowing"
from rural Baxter, Iowa
Pastor, Librarian, Farmer, Citizen Activist
- Community Agriculture
- Community-based Economics
- Grassroots Democracy
- Peace and Nonviolence
Other State Candidates
Iowa City, Iowa
Broadcast Producer, Pianist, Citizen Activist
Education: M. F. A., D. M. A., Music, University of Iowa 1991
- Founding member and former co-chair of the Iowa Green Party
- Co-chair of the U. S. Green Party Platform Committee
- Member of People for Justice in Palestine; member of Iowa Green Party Committee for Peace and Non-Violence
- Johnson County Green Party officer since its inception
- Social Justice
- Community-Based Economics
- Ecological Wisdom
- Future Focus and Sustainability
"My campaign is aboutwaking up our elected officials to the fact that 'we the people' are still here. Please join us in a journey to take back democracy."
Self-employed Farmer; undergraduate research assistant to the president of Simpson College
- Local Food Production
- Sustainable Agriculture
- Independent Producers
- Rural Development
- Labor Rights
"It is time for real local control of the placement and regulation of confined animal feeding units."
Iowa City, Iowa
English Instructor; T'ai Chi Instructor
- Founding member and former coordinating committee member of the Johnson County Green Party
- Initiated and helped to condlude the Nader for President ballot drive in Iowa, 1996
- Candidate for state senate from the then 39th district in Iowa; received 44% of vote against incumbent
"If elected Iowa Secretary of State, I would continue to advocate instant runoff voting to better express the full range of voter preferences; and emphasize social responsibility in my communication with existing and applicant Iowa corporations."
For more detailed information on all candidates, please visit www.robinson-hart.org
Johnson County Candidates
Board of Supervisors
- Age: 24
- Residence: Iowa City, Iowa; originally from rural Warren County
- Education: B. A. in Art and Computer Science, University of Iowa May 2001
- Occupation: Graphic Designer for alocal periodical
- Avocation: Treasurer for a nonprofit housing cooperative
- Interests: Art, Language, Philosophy, Community, Politics, Environment, Physics
Joannes Pool is dedicated to bringing sustainable economics and accountable governance back to Johnson County, and to returning political power to the local level.
According to Joannes, "Our county neeeds to divert money away from large-scale, outside corporate interests and back to our small-scale, family farms and businesses. We need to look at new, more viable alternatives to issues such as jail overcrowding and water quality. We need election reforms, including Instant Run-off Voting and Proportional Representation, to make your vote count for more."
Joannes R. Pool is working to build the strength of the Green Party.
Joannes Pool Leaflet: suitable for distribution JRPHndbl1.pdf
County Recorder: the Green Party endorses Kim Painter